Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Amazoned!

I bought something online today. It was the first time I had done it because I'm quite paranoid about things like that. We'll see how it goes....

What did I buy? Well, I bought what any self-respecting lesbian would buy, of course.... the Fingersmith DVD's. :) Ahh Sarah Waters.... how great is she?

Actually, having said that, I'm reading her new book 'The Night Watch' and I'm almost 100 pages in, but it's crap! There are too many characters and I don't know who they are or why I'm reading about them. I did read in a review of the book that the second half brings the story together, but after reading Fingersmith, Sarah Waters has a standard to uphold. Perhaps that's a problem when you start out as brilliantly as she has. People, like me, expect they will love everything you write.

No comments: