Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's That Noise?..... Ahhhhhhh!

I had just gotten into bed last night, all tight and snug and comfy, when all of a sudden I heard a noise. It was an unfamiliar noise which is why it caught my undevided attention. I listened intently for a few moments to try and see if I could hear the noise again, and in turn establish where it was coming from. It was a low scratching noise, like something was being moved along another surface, like a cup on a table, or something similar. I didn't hear the noise again, so thought nothing of it and slowly started drifting off to sleep. About 20 minutes later, I was in that blissful stage when you're between sleep and wakefulness, you can feel your body relax and start to get light, then I heard the noise again, but louder. I was suddenly very much awake. I listened again, and heard it again.

I laid there, absolutely terrified that if I peaked from beneath my covers I'd be greeted with something that I really didn't want to be greeted with at 2am in the morning. My heart was pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears, then I heard the noise again, and enough was e-fucking-nough!

I pulled my covers back and leapt up as quickly as possible, pulling the string-thingy that turns my light on, kept my head down, eyes focussed on the floor, and ran to roomy's room.

She hadn't heard a damn thingy, but I had heard it. Whatever it was, I had heard it.

She grumpily came back to my room with me to search for a possibe cause, nothing was out of place. We even tried to replicate the noise, but nothing came close.

I'm not a wuss. I've had creepy shit happen to me before, but I lost serious street credentials last night. I had to sleep in roomy's bed. And I'm seriously considering sleeping with my light on tonight.

It's bedtime now.
Wish me luck.

No comments: