Saturday, May 16, 2009

Picture Tour!

Wow. I have been so tired since I got back that all I've done is sleep. Going on holiday is great, especially when you're there and are laying in the sun, on the beach eating ice-cream and drinking cocktails. But when you travel home and have to get up at 5am to make a 9:55am flight, shit starts to feel a little bit like hard work. *yawn*

Alright, I know, I've just been on holiday. I've just been to Portugal if I'm going to be more specific, I met some kindred homosexuals too. Get that.

Portugal is a lovely place. It's a lot different than what I'm used to on the island of Lanzarote. Lanzarote is made primarily as a result of volcanic activity, so it's not very fertile soil and therefore doesn't have a lot of greens. No grass, only palm trees and aloe vera. Portugal however was full of trees and grass. Amidst the white painted architecture I have to say, it was a pretty sight. Although the grass felt like rubber beneath your feet. Strange.

The Portuguese were very friendly people, so friendly, in fact, that I was offered to buy charlie and/or hash, twice. Yeah, just walking down the street and a guy says "you want charlie? You want hash?" I would have said "you want punch? I look like druggie?" But I assessed my audience and thought better of it.

There were a lot of trips you could take, day trips and over night trips to places like Gibraltar, Lisbon or Seville. We took the trip to Seville and, despite a three hour coach journey there and back, we had a fantastic day. Seville is the capital city in the region of AndalucĂ­a, Spain. I think it is quite possibly the most beautiful city I’ve ever seen. But then again, I haven’t seen that many. The feeling of Seville and the fact that every building I saw had some sort of fairytale story behind it meant that I really wanted to take the pictures in Black and White. So I did. :)



We also took a trip that, thankfully, was only a 20 minute taxi ride away to another resort in Portigal called Vilamoura. I didn't like Vilamoura very much, it seemed to be full of pretentious rich people. Apparently Sir Cliff Richard has a boat docked in the marina. Big wup. I did take some beautiful pictures though.



Last but not least. Some of my favourite pictures of the beautiful sights I saw in the resort we stayed in.



I've never been amongst so many people from across the globe before. I met quite a few Americans, who were lovely and enthusiastic at all times. In fact, one American guy asked me if I wanted to go for a beer after I let him use my suncream. I politely declined being that he's the wrong sex for my particular liking, but the offer was nice, I think. I also met quite a lot of french people, I kept having to fight the urge to ask them to speak their language, it's so romantic sounding.

All in all, fantastic holiday. I would like to go back just so I could take the trips to Gibraltar and Lisbon.

Funny thing, though. On the last night of our stay, I sustained five mosquito bites. I guess the mosquitoes just didn’t want me to leave.

No comments: