Friday, September 25, 2009

Work Work Work Holiday!

Goodness have I been busy these past few weeks? I'm known to my friends to love a little bit of DIY and home improvement, so in between work and play I have been lending myself to my friend, Suzie, who is currently trying to make her flat more presentable. It's understandable considering the people who lived there before her weren't very.... house proud? That's a polite way of putting it.

But now I have a whole two weeks off work to wander and potter and laze around in. I was supposed to be going to Lanzarote yesterday, the trip had been booked (thankfully not paid for) but my uncle and I aren't exactly getting along at the moment. I'm actually alright with that. Sometimes people grow apart, I think. He's my uncle, he'll always be in my life, but at the moment we need to do our own thing and live our own lives, and he need to make his own mistakes without me having to resist the urge to say 'I told you so', because usually I did tell him so!

A whole two weeks off work.
I'm excited at all the lie-ins I'm going to have.
Small things....

No comments: