Friday, January 27, 2012

The Blind Date

Should I?
Shouldn't I?
Are Blind Dates EVER successful?

Kinda sorta know someone whom I haven't been formally introduced to who would like to go on a date. I'm dubious. Previous relationships have been entered after a period of friendship, therefore at least SOME knowledge of the person's background/history/personality have been acquired. But a BLIND date?

Eek.

Lets weigh the pros and cons

Pros
it may work
we may like each other
the suspense and excitement
trying something new
a nice evening out
if nothing else I may make a new friend

Cons
not knowing
could be walking into my death
she could be rude/racist/ignorant
she may smell bad
we may not get on
she may not like me
I may not like her
she may look NOTHING like her picture
a wasted evening
she's a Gemini


Hmm. The cons outweigh the pros... my mind is made up then, I'm going on a blind date.

Wish me luck!!
Obviously I'm going to need it.

No comments: