Saturday, February 18, 2006

Comedy popularity

When I switched on my tv at about 9pm this evening I immidetly searched the channels for something to occupy myself with, but there was nothing except comedy sketches. It seems that Little Britain has started off a craze because in the beginning of 2005 it was the only type of show in its genre. Now there's The Catherine Tate Show and Tittybangbang and probably more to come.

I wouldn't mind, I actully quite like these shows, they give a nice, humerous break from reality which everybody could use after a hard days work, but, why repeat them so much?! They're shown on about four different channels and it's a shame really, because the more you show something the quicker the novelty wears off.

I have to say that the funniest of them all is 'The Catherine Tate show' she's very funny and does an impression of an old woman that would remind everybody of their grandma. And the charecter she created of a teenage girl named 'Lauren' has every parent pointing out her behaviour to their own children. The phrase 'Am I bovverd' has since spread in popularity :-p

No comments: