Monday, March 20, 2006

Abortion Debate.

I seem sexist, I know, but I don't care. I know I'm not sexist, but from my point of view, which also happens to be a woman's point of view, men are pigheaded.

Ok, not ALL men, but most men. Practically every man I've met has been an absolute arsehole. My dad and my older brother included. But why am I on a rant about my dislike of the male species? Oh, well... it's simple. Because THEY decide if abortion is wrong. Well it is, obviously, but do they carry the children to term? Do they give birth? 9 times out of 10 children are the result of men being irrisponsible, of them thinking about nothing except a climax that lasts a few seconds. So what gives them the right to decide that an abortion is against the law?

I think abortion is wrong, yes. But.... and this is a rather HUGE but. Is a baby that is never born worse than a baby that IS born and unloved? Unwanted? Uncared for? Isn't that just subjecting a child to an inevitable life of pain and neglect?

I'm a nursery nurse and I have seen a heck of a lot of children that suffer because their mothers were too young, their farthers didn't want them or their families were totally unprepared for their arrival.

I was reading an article on
CNN and read this statement.

"State lawmakers had rejected proposed amendments that would have made exceptions for rape or incest."

"We must help each mother to see the value of the gift that is a child, and nurture the mother for her own sake and for the sake of her child," Rounds said in the statement.

So if a woman is raped, she has to keep the child?
And if a woman doesn't want to keep a baby as a result of a rape the government will preassure her to do so?

Of course this HAS to be in America. Because American, as a country, is also immature and so far behind it's in the fucking middle ages. But don't get me started on America, I mean... their president is so busy trying to take over another country he's neglected the fact that his own is in serious trouble. New Orleans flood ring a bell?

Absolute idiots, absolute utter wankers! It makes me so angry.

No comments: