Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bump in the Road.

There's a particular bump on a road I take coming to and from work. It's an odd bump, odd in the fact that it's right in the middle of a road that is otherwise completely flat.

This bump reminds me of when I was 14/15 years old and still in school. Me and some of the kids in my year group were offered a place in college, so we would take the trip two mornings a week to college in a huge double decker bus. This bus would go down the road with the odd bump. We'd all be singing Spice Girls songs, or gossiping about recent events, then someone would shout "here it comes!", there'd be silence, we'd hit the bump, our stomachs would twirl and we'd screach in joy.... like teenage girls tend to do.

I'm just telling this story because now, even though I don't screach, when I go over that bump, my stomach Still twirls, and it reminds me of being 14 again.

No comments: