Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kick in the Head

Saturday Morning my friend and I were texting back and fourth about train prices. I was absolutely determined that I would be travelling to Manchester via train, and not via bus. But she was determined to go via bus because it was £14 pounds cheaper. She's a cheapskate quite obviously. There isn't much £14 pounds could buy you these days.

We texted back and fourth like this for a good hour while I was on my way to the ticket office to buy the train tickets. Like I said, I was determined to use the train. I wasn't going to spend four hours on a bus when the journey could be halved by train.

I got to the ticket office, my phone was beeping, I was ignoring it. I gave the man behind the desk details of when I'd like to travel and he said.... "Oh, there are engineering works on the tracks that day so you would have to take the bus."

Ain't that a kick in the head?
I suppose I saved £14 pounds.

No comments: