Thursday, December 08, 2005

So, what's your sign?

You know, there has always been one particular subject that interested me, one beside my usual crime capers that I obsessively watch much to the dismay of her.

Many people make it their daily habbit to sit and read their horoscopes and at it's extreme this particular fad means some can't even leave the house without checking with their daily astrologer, but how accurate are these 'predictions'?

Not very, as it turns out.

No astrologer can make any horoscope about you without knowing at least the day, month and year of birth so when an astrologer does a horoscope they are based firmly on assumptions and second guesses because without your date of birth an astrologer cannot know how the planets were aligned when you were born and therefore cannot know what elements affect your personality.

So when you pick up a paper and read your horoscope think of it as a highly embelished story.

Personally I do believe in star signs as I posess many of the traits of a capricorn. and I do notice that if I have taken a disliking to somebody they often tend to be of a sign that is weaker or less dicaplined than mine, I particularly dislike Libra's because they are too indecisive.

Which is awful because she is a libra, but she has the benefit of making it up to me.

So when a guy (or girl) decides to chat you up with the age old technique of 'so, what's your sign' perhaps you should answer then you can do your research :-)

1 comment:

Ethereal Darkness said...

I'm a Capricorn.