Thursday, January 26, 2006

Five years gone.

Y'know, I was in Asda the other night.... I prefere shopping at night because it's less busy, I can't stand busy, but I'm going off topic.

I was wandering down the alcohol isle searching for my favourite drink, but I could feel myself being watched, I turned to find the culprit and was surprised to see a familiar face, although it was a face I hadn't seen in five years.

Shaunna used to be a close friend in school, well, when I say close I mean that she was in the group of people I would hang around with. I was suddenly struck by exactly how long it had been since I left school. It only feels like yesterday, all the memories are so crisp and clear it really doesn't feel like it was so long ago.

I remember in my last year of school I wanted it to be over so I could move on with my life, but I had no idea that year would be so awful.... or that the awfulness would get worse.

My classmates in school weren't blessed with any sort of luck what-so-ever. We were haunted by tragedy, first a boy named Gareth died in his sleep of an asthema attack, then my childhood friend who was also a well liked member of our group was struck by a car and killed, then another friend's mum collapsed and died at a parent and teacher meeting.

But despite all the heartache and despite the fact that five years ago I couldn't wait to leave school.... I now find myself missing it, and the people immensely.

I, never in a million years, thought I would ever. Say. That!

No comments: