Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Stop at the Whistlestop

The book arrived from Amazon. Big wooping yay! I've needed something to occupy me recently because of the winter weather. What idiot is going to be outside gardening? Not this idiot let me tell you!

So I'm in to the first few chapters and by God Ninny never shuts up! I thought there was going to be some sort of introduction for Ninny and Evelyn, something before Ninny started on about Itchy, but nope, the book just dived straight in there.

It didn't occur to me to read the book before watching the film, but I really do wish I had. You experience a book differently when you're having to put your own faces to the names and own backdrop to the story. Now all I see are the faces of Mary Stuart Masterson and Sarah Louise Parker. The latter is welcome though because, well, hubba hubba....

So, so far, so good.

No comments: