Thursday, January 22, 2009

Clap Clap Clap Clap!

When I was in school, I had a friend named Louise. Louise was a lot like phoebe buffay from the TV program 'Friends'. She was a bit of an airhead and totally adorable. Louise was also a Friends fanatic and once a week she would make all of us watch it.

The theme tune would start and we'd all gather around the TV, and a few seconds into the song...... we'd all have to clap!

CLAP!

Louise insisted upon it! She said if we didn't we'd get bad luck. Well, I'm superstitious so I didn't want to have bad luck, I was already halfway through 7 years of it after falling head first into a mirror! More bad luck I did not need.

Anyway, 10 years later and whenever I hear the theme tune, if I don't clap at the part where Louise said I was supposed to.... I get paranoid.

While watching an episode of friends with, well, my friends recently, I couldn't explain why I had clapped. What was I supposed to say? Louise made me do it?

No comments: